Find out what’s happening at Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee meetings and learn how you can participate.
The Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee provides advice to Council relating to solid waste, energy security, sustainable parks, forests, open spaces, and water resource management. More detail about the standing committee’s role can be found in the Terms of Reference (Administrative Order One, Schedule 5) [PDF].
The Environment & Sustainability Standing Committee normally meets on the first Thursday of each month, at 1:00 p.m. Meeting dates and times are subject to change. Check the calendar below, and the agenda (once available) to confirm the exact date and time for each meeting.
You can watch live video of standing committee meetings online.
Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee Meetings
Membership of the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee
- Chair - Councillor Tony Mancini - District 6 - Harbourview, Burnside, Dartmouth East
- Vice Chair - Councillor Kathryn Morse - District 10 - Bedford Basin West
- Councillor Cathy Deagle Gammon - District 1 - Waverley, Fall River and Musquodoboit Valley
- Councillor Sam Austin - District 5 - Dartmouth Centre
- Councillor Shawn Cleary - District 9 - Halifax West Armdale
- Deputy Mayor Pam Lovelace - District 13 - Hammonds Plains, St. Margaret's
Staff Contact for the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee