Councillor Tony Mancini was elected January 23, 2016 in a by-election to represent the communities of Harbourview-Burnside-Dartmouth East. Councillor Mancini has and continues to serve his community in a number of ways, including as a Scout Venturer Advisor, member of the School Advisory Council, Vice-Chair of the Halifax Comedy Society, Board Member of HomeBridge Youth Society, volunteer with the Shubenacadie Canal Commission, Dartmouth sector leader for the Scotiabank Bluenose Marathon, and as an Associate Member of the Halifax Progress Club.
Councillor Mancini is a senior partner with Priority Management–Atlantica, and for over 25 years has been involved in training, consulting, and facilitating productivity and workload management programs. He is best known as a leading facilitator of Priority Management’s Working Sm@rt suite of programs and has delivered training throughout the United States and Canada.
Originally from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Councillor Mancini has lived in Dartmouth for 21 years with his wife Sharon and their two children Lucas and Michaella.
Councillor Mancini is a member of the following boards and committees:
- Board of Police Commissioners
- Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee
- Shubenacadie Canal Commission
- Community Design Advisory Committee
- Transportation Standing Committee
- Executive Standing Committee
- Halifax Partnership
- Special Events Advisory Committee
- Liaison to the HRM Acadian Francophone Community
- School Advisory Committee (SAC) for Prince Andrew High School