PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday August 13, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker for public participation:
• Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone 902.483.2810 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
• Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the August 16, 2021 Executive Standing Committee special meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number. For further information regarding public participation visit Communicating with Halifax Regional Council and expand the heading for "Public Participation - Community Councils and Standing Committees".
There will be a live broadcast of the Executive Standing Committee meeting on YouTube.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 12, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Haneen Al-Noman – Canadian Muslim Women: Discrimination, Sexism and Misperceptions [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
10.3.2 Jim Cormier, Atlantic Director, Retail Council of Canada – Concerns with Proposed Commercial Property Tax Reform [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD - NONE
12.1.1 Review of By-law C-1100, Respecting Campaign Financing [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee accept this report and forward to Halifax Regional Council for information.
12.1.2 Amend Administrative Order 2017-001-GOV, The Youth Advisory Committee Administrative Order [PDF]
That Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 2017-011-GOV, the Youth Advisory Committee Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 3 of this report; and
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to maintain the Youth Advisory Committee as an Advisory Committee to Regional Council through the Executive Standing Committee.
12.3 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.4 COMMITTEE UPDATES
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – July 12, 2021
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of July 12, 2021 be approved.
14.2 PERSONNEL MATTERS – Private and Confidential Reports
14.2.1 Personnel Matter – Private and Confidential Report
That the Executive Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated July 28, 2021; and
2. Direct that the staff report dated July 28, 2021 be maintained as private and confidential.
14.2.2 Personnel Matter – Private and Confidential Report
That the Executive Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated July 20, 2021; and
2. Direct that the staff report dated July 20, 2021 be maintained as private and confidential.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 27, 2021
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated August 12, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Jill McGillicuddy, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com