1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
3.CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
4.1 Administrative Order 2017-002-ADM Charter of Governing Principles for Regulation [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend Halifax Regional Council adopt:
1. Administrative Order Number 2017-002-ADM, the Charter of Governing Principles for
Regulation Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated November 6, 2017; and
2. The amendments to Administrative Order 32, the By-law Development Administrative Order,
as set out in Attachment 3 of the staff report dated November 6, 2017.
4.2 Support for the Institution of a Basic Income for Nova Scotia [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee (CPED) recommends that Halifax Regional Council direct the CAO to direct staff to:
1. Monitor the progress of federal and provincial poverty reduction action plans and strategies with a view to identifying opportunities for HRM to engage within its mandate;
2. Monitor the basic income projects underway in Ontario and Finland, and
3. Report back periodically to CPED and Regional Council on the monitoring.
5. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
6. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 14, 2017 – Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.