Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: December 8, 2022 Appeals Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 13, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: APPEALS – NONE
12.2 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: DEMOLITIONS
12.2.1 Case 2002 000493, 143 Myra Road, Porters Lake [PDF]
That the Appeals Standing Committee find the property to be dangerous or unsightly as per section 3(q) of the Charter and as per section 356 of the Charter, orders demolition of the main structure including but not limited to, the removal of all demolition debris, backfilling of any foundation or crawl space, and disconnecting any and all utility connections to the standard set by each respective utility service provider, so as to leave the property in a neat, tidy, environmentally compliant and safe condition within thirty (30) days after the Order is posted in a conspicuous place upon the property or personally served upon the owner. Otherwise, the Municipality will exercise its rights as set forth under Part XV (15) of the Charter.
12.2.2 Case 360177, 22403 Highway 7, Sheet Harbour - This matter was deleted from the agenda.
12.3 STAFF REPORTS
12.3.1 2023 Appeals Standing Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Appeals Standing Committee approve the proposed 2023 Appeals Standing Committee meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
12.3.2 Councillor Appointments to Boards and Committees
That the Appeals Standing Committee appoint one (1) member to the Executive Standing Committee for a term to November 2024.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 12, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE