Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
Minutes: December 9, 2020 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee Special Meeting Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 28, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Art Gallery of Nova Scotia Halifax Waterfront Arts District – Nancy Noble, Director and CEO of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Review of Report Requests [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee review the attached list of report requests, as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 26, 2020, and bring forward any items recommended to be withdrawn.
12.1.2 Proposed 2021 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee approve the proposed 2021 meeting schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated December 3, 2020.
12.1.3 Councillor Appointments to Boards and Committees [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee:
1. Nominate one (1) member to the Executive Standing Committee for a term to November 2022.
2. Nominate two (2) members to the Heritage Advisory Committee for a term to November 2022.
3. Nominate the Chair or Designate from the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee membership to the Community Design Advisory Committee for a term to November 30, 2022.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee convene to In Camera to discuss the personnel matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 21, 2021
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated December 3, 2020 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]