1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 17, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Sébastien Labelle, Executive Director the Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative re: Proposals for the Long-term Sustainability of the Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative [PDF]
-Presentation 1 of 2 [PDF]
-Presentation 2 of 2 [PDF]
10.3.2 Chris Keevil and LA Dempster, Atlantic Division: Canoe Kayak Canada re: Lake Banook Water Sport Racing Park [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Hope Blooms Global Kitchen for Social Change, Murray Warrington Park [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Authorize and direct staff to host a public information meeting, in collaboration with Hope Blooms Youth Social Entrepreneurial Ventures Inc.;
2. Authorize and direct the CAO or his designate to negotiate and execute an operating and stewardship agreement with Hope Blooms Youth Social Entrepreneurial Ventures Inc. which in the determination of the CAO or his designate, (i) accords with the terms and conditions set out in Table 1 of the staff report dated January 30, 2019 respecting the construction and operation of a Global Kitchen for Social Change in Murray Warrnington Park, and (ii) appropriately accounts for the results of community and stakeholder engagement.
3. Notwithstanding recommendation #2, staff will return to Regional Council to seek further directions, if in the determination of the CAO or his designate, the engagement process, involving the community and stakeholders generates a clear consensus on the part of participants in favour of materially changing any of the terms or conditions described in table 1 of the staff report dated January 30, 2019.
12.1.2 Common Roots Urban Farm [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Authorize the CAO or his designate to negotiate and execute a Community Garden Agreement with Metroworks Employment Association which, in the opinion of the CAO or his designate, is in accordance with Administrative Order Number 2014-009-OP Respecting the Community Garden Program, to be located at Bi-Hi Park, Halifax;
2. Direct staff to work with representatives of the Metroworks Employment Association to explore the potential to house the 90 garden plots at existing community gardens on HRM lands; and
3. Direct staff to coordinate the move of the 90 garden plots, including the allocation of staff resources and equipment to move the soil to other community gardens.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) Minutes – January 17, 2019
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In Private) minutes of January 17, 2019 as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Councillor Austin - Public Art Policy [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report that includes:
1. A review and update of the Public Art Policy;
2. A summary of funding that has been provided over the last 10 years for new projects
and current projects that are underway;
3. Specific amendments to the public art policy to remove the 25,000 square feet budget exemption for municipal buildings that are highly used by the public such as libraries, recreation centres, and transit terminals; and
4. That the amendments be prepared by the end of the 2019/2020 fiscal year.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – March 14, 2018 – Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated February 13, 2019 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6521