1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – December 15, 2016
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence – NONE
10.3 Presentations – NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 December 15, 2016 - Memorandum from the Director of Planning & Development dated July 20, 2016 re: Update on Culture and Heritage Priorities Plan [PDF]
-Staff Presentation [PDF]
12.1.1 Community Facilities Master Plan (2nd addition) [PDF]
-Community Facilities Master Plan 2 main document [PDF]
-Community Facilitiles Master Plan Appendecies [PDF]
-Staff Presentation [PDF]
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee (CPED) recommend That Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the use of the Community Facility Master Plan 2 (CFMP2) as a framework for municipal decision-making regarding recreation facilities; and
2. Approve the categorization of the CFMP2 recommendations outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated January 6, 2017, and direct staff to incorporate the recommendations in future annual Business Plans for Council’s consideration.
12.1.2 Mobile Food Market – Winter Pilot and Long Term Support [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an in-kind contribution of the use of an HRM fleet vehicle and other supports to enable a 16-week Mobile Food Market Winter Pilot, in partnership with the Mobile Food Market Advisory Team, as outlined in the staff report dated December 20, 2016;
2. Approve a further extension to the in-kind contribution of the use of an HRM vehicle and other supports to enable a transition year for the Mobile Food Market (June 2017 to April 2018), in partnership with the Mobile Food Market Advisory Team, as outlined in the staff report dated December 20, 2016; and
3. Direct staff to explore further options, and report to Council for its consideration, to support the long-term viability of the Mobile Food Market, including continuing to provide in-kind supports, and/or permanently conveying a surplus bus to the Mobile Food Market.
4. It is further recommended that the December 20, 2016 report be forwarded to Halifax Regional Council for consideration at its January 24, 2017 meeting.
12.1.3 Request from DEANS – STEP Program [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council
1. Support the STEP Phase 2 project, as requested in the May 26, 2016 submission from DEANS, with a package of in-kind and financial support amounting to $33,700, as described in the Financial Implications section of the staff report dated December 21, 2016, and
2. Direct the CAO to nominate a staff member to sit on the project Phase 2 Working Committee.
12.2 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Data Sources – Monitoring of Centre Plan [PDF]
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council request staff to provide a report which details the baseline data and sources that will be used in the monitoring of the Centre Plan as set out in Section 4.1.2 of the draft Centre Plan
12. 3 COMMITTEE MEMBERS
12.3.1 Councillor Mason - Live Music Strategy for HRM [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request staff prepare an information report that explores the benefits and risks of convening a government and industry-led live music working group with its primary goal to develop a live music strategy for the City. The report should also examine the governance model as well as the financial and staff resources required for support.
13. MOTIONS - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 16, 2017 – 10:00 a.m. Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated January 11, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]