1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 28th and December 3, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Property Tax Management Audit [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
12.2 FINANCE AND RISK MANAGEMENT – NONE
12.3 INVESTMENT REPORTS
12.3.1 Investment Policy Advisory Committee Report – Quarter Ending September 30, 2018 [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the December 18, 2018 report from the Investment Policy Advisory Committee to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.3.2 Investment Activities – Quarter Ending September 30, 2018 [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward this report to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.3.3 Amended Investment Policy [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the amended Investment Policy as recommended by the Investment Policy Advisory Committee.
12.3.4 Investment Policy Advisory Committee Report – Annual Investment Policy Review [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve the amended Investment Policy attached as Appendix A of the Investment Policy Advisory Committee report dated December 18, 2018.
12.4.1 Award-Tender No. 18-376, Supply & Install Two Truck Scales at Halifax Materials Recover Facility [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve a budget increase to Project Account No. CW000007 Materials Recovery Facility Repair, in the
AUDIT AND FINANCE STANDING COMMITTEE January 9, 2019 amount of $46,000 to be funded as an unbudgeted withdrawal from the Solid Waste Facility Reserve, Q556 in 2018/19; and
2. Award Tender No. 18-376, Supply & Install Two Truck Scales at Halifax Materials Recovery Facility to the lowest bidder meeting specifications, Cumberland Paving and Contracting for a Total Tender Price of $308,166 (net HST included).
12.5 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.6 COMMITTTEE MEMBERS – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – November 28, 2018
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of November 28, 2018 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – February 20, 2018 at 10 a.m., Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Information Report dated December 24, 2018 from the Legislative Assistant re: Presentation Requests - NONE [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Krista Vining, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com or 902-490-6520