1.CALL TO ORDER
2.CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
3.1 Increase to Project Number CB000045 – Cole Harbour Place (pdf)
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee:
1. Recommend that Regional Council approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $625,000 net HST included, from the Capital Fund Reserve, Q526;
2. Recommend that Regional Council increase 2017/18 Capital Budget, Project Number CB000045 – Cole Harbour Place (CHP) by $550,000, net HST Included, as outlined in the Financial section of this report;
3. Recommend that Regional Council increases PO # 2070766432 for Blunden Construction Limited in the amount of $500,000, net HST included;
4. Recommend that Regional Council approve advanced funding in the amount of $75,000 from the 2018/19 capital budget for Project Number CB000045 for design consultant work for the ice floor replacement project, and;
5. Recommend that Regional Council direct staff to complete the work on both the roof and ice slab in one phase and authorize staff to enter into an agreement with Cole Harbour Place to transfer the user group rentals of Scotia One Arena to the Gray Arena during the construction closure.
3.2 HRM Gun Amnesty Program (pdf)
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend to Halifax Regional Council that Halifax Regional Police (HRP), in partnership with the Public Safety Advisor and Halifax District RCMP, consider gun amnesty program options as part of the 2017/18 Gun Safety Strategy deliverable approved by Regional Council; and, in the event a cash incentive program is determined to be the best way forward, transfer up to $10,000 to HRP from Fiscal Services, as outlined in the Financial Implications’ section of the July 11, 2017 staff report.