1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 7 & June 22, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Dr. Sue Malloy, Glas Ocean Consulting re: Electric boats/ferries, and renewable storage technology and practices
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 June 22, 2017 - Memorandum from the Director of Transportation and Public Works dated April 7, 2017 re: Transportation Association of Canada Standards [PDF]
12.1.1 Reporting Structure and Terms of Reference of the Accessibility Advisory Committee [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order 1 as set out in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated February 27, 2017 to direct that the Accessibility Advisory Committee report to the Executive Standing Committee; and
2. Adopt Administrative Order 2017-005-GOV, Respecting the Advisory Committee on
Accessibility in the Halifax Regional Municipality as set out in Attachment 3 of the staff report dated February 27, 2017.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Councillor Cleary – Request for Letter to the Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal re: “Dooring” [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council request the Mayor send a letter the Nova Scotia Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure Renewal in support of an amendment to the Motor Vehicle Act that prohibits people from opening their vehicle doors until it is reasonably safe to do so.
12.2.2 Councillor Cleary - Protected Bike Lanes on Rainnie Drive [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council request a staff report regarding the protected bike lanes on Rainnie Drive that addresses the issue of cars consistently parking in the buffer zone in the bike lanes.
12.3 ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.3.1 Report Request – City Lights App Technology [PDF]
The Accessibility Advisory Committee recommends that the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report on the feasibility of integrating the City Lights App technology into HRM’s traffic light infrastructure as outlined in the presentation provided to the Accessibility Advisory Committee on June 19, 2017.
12.4 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.5 COMMITTEE UPDATES
12.5.1 Update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted.
12.5.2 Update from the Accessibility Advisory Committee [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Accessibility Advisory Committee as submitted.
13.1 Councillor Cleary [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report regarding the participation of the Chain of Lakes Trail in the Rum Runners Trail.
13.2 Councillor Cleary [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report regarding the future roles and responsibilities of community associations with respect to the construction, maintenance and operation of active transportation facilities in Halifax and with respect to the relationship of such community associations within the municipality.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Approval of By-law P-505 and Amendment to By-law P-500 Respecting Parking Meters [PDF]
15.2 Implementation of the Macdonald Bridge Bikeway Connectors Project [PDF]
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 28, 2017
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated June 14, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Legal, Municipal Clerk and External Affairs dated May 10, 2017 re: Restriction and Control of Motor Vehicle Noise [PDF]
3. Memorandum from the Director of Halifax Transit dated June 23, 2017 re: Facilitating Access to Low Income Transit Pass Program[PDF]