Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers
Updated Wednesday July 7, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 2, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Mind Your Plastics – The Circular Economy and municipal policies around plastics [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Naturalization Strategy [PDF]
That Environment & Sustainability Standing Committee recommend the Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to expand the naturalization pilot to a municipal-wide program and include $150,000 in the 2023/24 operating budget for Regional Council’s consideration to support the program.
That the Environment & Sustainability Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. End the usage of benthic mats to control the yellow floating heart in Little Albro Lake, based on the results of the testing completed in the 2021 pilot study; and
2. Prepare and submit an application for special approval from Health Canada to use ProcellaCORTM, a selective herbicide, for a pilot study to control invasive yellow floating heart in Little Albro Lake, contingent on regulatory approval by Nova Scotia Environment & Climate Change, and Environment & Climate Change Canada, discussion with all relevant government agencies, and consultation with concerned stakeholders
12.2 COMMITTEE REPORTS - NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE - NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (Private) Minutes – June 2, 2022
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of June 2, 2022 be approved as circulated.
14.2 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee:
1. Adopt the recommendations as outlined in the private and confidential staff report dated May 25, 2022; and
2. Direct that the staff report dated May 25, 2022 be maintained as private and confidential.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 1, 2022