Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
UPDATED - May 31, 2023
Please be advised that, in consultation with the Chair, the June 1, 2023 Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee meeting has been cancelled due to the ongoing wildfire situation in HRM.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 6, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Nova Scotia Power – Proposed Grid-Scale Battery Project in the Spider Lake Area [PDF]
10.3.2 Ecology Action Centre – United National Convention on Biological Diversity [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Analysis of HRM Becoming a Bee City [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to apply for Bee City status within one year of hiring a naturalization coordinator.
12.1.2 Illegal Dumping Enforcement Program – Update
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Councillor Deagle Gammon [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability request for a presentation at a future meeting; from Planning and Development on the current policies of the River-Lakes Secondary Plan relative to ‘no net Increase in phosphorous’, how it is applied, lessons learned, and any changes to regulations at the provincial/ federal governments that may promote a review.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – April 6, 2023
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of April 6, 2023 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 7, 2023
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated May 23, 2023 re: Request to Present to the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Catie Campbell, Legislative Assistant, Catherine.email@example.com or 902-490-4210
To submit correspondence, email firstname.lastname@example.org More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council