PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 16, 2021, to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible. To register as a speaker for public participation:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Phone 902-292-3962 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the June 17, 2021 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee special meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number. For further information regarding public participation visit Communicating with Halifax Regional Council and expand the heading for "Public Participation - Community Councils and Standing Committees".
There will be a live broadcast of the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee meeting. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 20, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES – NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Proposal for Charter Provisions for the Halifax Common – Peggy Cameron, Friends of the Halifax Common [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 Case 22257: Regional Plan Review – Themes and Directions Report [PDF] (Large 60 Mb)
12. REPORTS – NONE
13.1 Councillor Austin – HRM-wide Parks Advisory Committee
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report regarding possible options and opportunities to create an HRM-wide Parks Advisory Committee.
13.2 Councillor Austin – Construction Mitigation Policy Strategy
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report regarding the clarification of standards in the Construction Mitigation Policy and Administrative Order 2018-005-ADM to:
1. clarify when a temporary sidewalk will be required, or a temporary crosswalk if a sidewalk or temporary sidewalk cannot be provided on one side of the street; and,
2. require reduction in the extent of the encroachment as stages of construction progresses.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 15, 2021, if required
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 7, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from Denise Schofield, Executive Director of Parks and Recreation dated May 19, 2021 re: Youth Engagement Report 2020 [PDF] (Large 8 Mb)
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Simon Ross-Siegel, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-292-3962