1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 23, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Catherine Droesbeck, United Way Halifax and Tammy Ewing re: Active Transportation Plan for East Preston [pdf]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD –NONE
12. REPORTS - NONE
12.2.1 Councillor Nicoll - Flexible Working Hours [pdf]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report to explore an HRM policy for flexible hours as recommended in the Integrated Mobility Plan (IMP).
12.2.2 Councillor Outhit - Proposed Route 91 - Hemlock Ravine [pdf]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report with recommendations on how to address the documented concerns from the residents and the District Councillor to be completed within 60 days. These concerns relate to existing and anticipated safety, speeding, traffic volume, short cutting, and congestion issues on Oceanview Dr.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera (In Private) – May 23, 2019
That the Transporation Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In private) minutes of May 23, 2019 as ciruclated.
14.2 PERSONNEL MATTER - Citizen Appointments to the Halifax Harbour Bridge Commission
That the Transporation Standing Committee convene to in camera to discuss the matter
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Non-Accepted Streets [PDF]
The Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer in preparing the capital budgets for the 2020/21 and 2021/2022 fiscal years to consider allocating funding for Phase 1 pursuant to the budget process and as discussed in the discussion section of the staff report dated April 11, 2019 and;
2. If funding has been approved in the capital budget for Phase 1, direct staff to undertake the title/boundary review of all 42 non-accepted streets listed on Appendix A of the April 11, 2019 staff report that are in Category 2 (5 non-accepted streets), Category 3 (9 non-accepted streets), Category 4 (28 non-accepted streets).
15.2 Strategic Road Safety Framework Annual Information Report
(i) Staff presentation dated June 20, 2019 [PDF]
(ii) Information report dated June 7, 2019 [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive a presentation from staff on the Strategic Road Safety Framework Annual Information Report.
15.3 Transit Priority Corridors: Robie Street / Young Street [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Halifax Regional Council authorize the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Proceed with detailed design of time-restricted (Weekdays 6AM – 6PM) curbside bus lanes on Robie Street between Young Street and Quinpool Road (Phase 1 configuration as described in the Discussion section of the May 15, 2019 staff report).
2. Proceed with detailed design of a westbound curbside bus lane on Young Street between Kempt Road and Windsor Street (Phase 1 configuration as described in the Discussion section of the May 15, 2019 staff report).
3. Initiate efforts to further investigate the right-of-way requirements necessary to accommodate continuous curbside bus lanes in both directions (Phase 2 configuration as described in the Discussion section of the May 15, 2019 staff report) for the following roadway segments:
i. Robie Street (between Almon Street and Cunard Street), and
ii. Young Street (between Robie Street and Windsor Street).
4. Initiate efforts to further investigate the right-of-way requirements necessary for future potential construction of centre median transit lanes on Robie Street.
15.4 Councillor Appointments to Board/Committees [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee:
1. Rescind all three (3) Councillor appointments to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee.
2.Nominate one (1) member of the Transportation Standing Committee to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee for a term to November 2020.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 25, 2019 at 1:00 p.m., Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated June 12, 2019 re: Presentation Requests [pdf]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Judith Ng’ethe, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org 902-490-6517