1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – NONE
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 April 27, 2017 – Alternate Side of the Street Parking[PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommends that Regional Council:
1. Direct the CAO to instruct staff to begin removal of overnight parking restrictions related to street cleaning activities in those areas where daytime parking is minimal and switch to daytime sweeping operation in those areas;
2. Direct the CAO to instruct staff to continue overnight sweeping operations in those areas where high-demand daytime parking exists using the new, quieter sweeper equipment to determine if operations would still impact residents as it pertains to noise; and,
3. Direct the CAO to instruct staff to continue to assess street sweeping routes on an on-going basis to identify any further areas that could be moved to daytime operations because of minimal daytime parking demands.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Gerry Post –Access-a-Bus Service in HRM
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 June 7, 2017 - Memorandum from the Director of Finance and Access Management dated June 1, 2017 re: Halifax Urban Greenway Association (HUGA) Trail License or Easement[PDF]
12.1.1 Access-A-Bus Service Strategic Review[PDF]
- Staff Presentation[PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Reconfirm the temporal and geographic restrictions on the delivery of paratransit service approved by Council in 2010 as a baseline for future planning;
2. Direct Halifax Transit to propose revisions to the current set of Eligibility Criteria for use of the Access-A-Bus service with the aim of restricting eligibility to those who cannot use the conventional transit service; and
3. Direct Halifax Transit to continue charging registered Access-A-Bus users standard rates to ride the conventional transit system.
12.1.2 Halifax Transit 2016/17 Fourth Quarter Key Performance Indicator Report
(i) Information Report dated May 30, 2017[PDF]
(ii) Staff Presentation[PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive a staff presentation on the Halifax Transit 2016/17 Fourth Quarter
Key Performance Indicators.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 COMMITTEE UPDATES
12.3.1 Update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Active Transportation Advisory Committee as submitted.
12.3.2 Update from the Accessibility Advisory Committee
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive the update from the Accessibility Advisory Committee as submitted.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – June 7, 2017
That the In Camera Minutes of June 7, 2017 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 27, 2017
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated June 14, 2017 re: Presentation Requests[PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Transportation and Public Works dated April 7, 2017 re: Transportation Association of Canada Standards[PDF]