1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - NONE
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.1 Correspondence - None
10.2 Petitions - None
10.3.1 Presentation from Crosswalk Safety Society of Nova Scotia
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Prospect Road Sidewalk [PDF - 23 Mb]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Council not direct the installation of the proposed sidewalk until such time as recommendation 5 from the approved 2014-2019 Halifax Active Transportation Priorities Plan is implemented to provide a framework for systematic evaluation of active transportation infrastructure requests.
12.1.2 Crosswalk Flag Program [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee forward a recommendation to Regional Council directing staff to prepare an administrative order outlining a policy, process and criteria for the allowance of crosswalk flags to be placed at crosswalks.
12.1.3 Integrated Mobility Plan Update [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee forward the report dated May 30, 2016 to Halifax Regional Council for Information.
12.1.4 2015/16 Q4 Halifax Transit KPI Information Report [PDF]
Staff Presentation and Questions of Clarification
12.2 ACCESSIBILITY ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Accessibility Advisory Committee Reporting Structure [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee requests that Regional Council direct the Office of the Municipal Clerk to propose changes to the reporting structure of the Accessibility Advisory Committee with consideration of the Committee’s discussion at their May 16, 2016 meeting.
12.2.2 Accessibility Advisory Committee Terms of Reference Revision [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee requests a Staff Report considering the suggestions to the Terms of Reference provided in the discussion of the matter at the May 16, 2016 Committee meeting.
12.3 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE
12.3.1 Policy for Regularize Participation and Funding Consideration for HRM Partnered Trail Association [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report regarding possible creation of a policy to regularize participation and funding consideration for HRM-partnered trail associations with such national, provincial, and regional trail identification programs that may be approved.
12.4 COMMITTEE UPDATES
12.4.1 Accessibility Advisory Committee
12.4.2 Active Transportation Advisory Committee
That the Transportation Standing Committee accepts the Advisory Committee Updates as presented.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 Property Matter
A matter pertaining to providing instruction and direction to officers and employees of the Municipality pertaining to the acquisition / sale of land in regard to
14.1.1 Ross Road Realignment Capital Budget – Private and Confidential Report
That the Transportation Standing Committee endorse the design of the Ross Road Realignment as a priority for 2016-17 and recommend to Audit and Finance Standing Committee to recommend to Regional Council that funding be approved as outlined in the staff report dated May 25, 2016.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
14.2.1 Citizen Nomination to Active Transportation Advisory Committee – Private and Confidential Report
That the Transportation Advisory Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Appoint one (1) applicant, as outlined in the discussion section of the private and confidential staff report dated June 16, 2016, to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee for a term ending November 30, 2018
2. Not release this report to the public
3. Release the name of the citizen following Council’s ratification and notification of the successful candidate.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 21, 2016, 1:00, Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. Information Report: Allowing Access-A-Bus Users to Ride Conventional Transit System Free of Charge [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the L.A. re: Requests for Presentation [PDF]