In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca within three business days.
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on June 2, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak via Zoom or by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to AoyamaHa@halifax.ca If you’re signing up via email. if you don’t receive a response from us within 1 business day please phone our office at 902-579-7239 to confirm receipt. Please ensure you check your email’s junk/spam folder regularly.
- Phone 902-579-7239 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the June 3, 2021 Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number. For further information regarding public participation visit Communicating with Halifax Regional Council and expand the heading for "Public Participation - Community Councils and Standing Committees".
PLEASE NOTE: All virtual meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 4, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Our HRM Alliance 7 Solutions – Meredith Baldwin, Our HRM Alliance Coordinator, and Kathleen Hall, Our HRM Alliance Chair [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Water Quality Monitoring Policy & Program Development [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to adopt and implement a detailed water quality monitoring program based on Framework 1 as outlined by AECOM in their Water Quality Monitoring Policy and Program Development Report, as outlined in the Discussion section of the staff report dated May 6, 2021.
12.1.2 Regional Plan Review: Themes & Directions Report Presentation [PDF]
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 BOARDS AND COMMITTEES – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 7, 2021* if required
1.Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated May 26, 2021 re: Presentation Requests to Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee [PDF]
2.Information report to May 20, 2021 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee Special Meeting titled “Case 22257: Regional Plan Review – Themes and Directions Report” [PDF]
3.Shape Your City Halifax.ca Regional Plan Review Webpage
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Haruka Aoyama, Legislative Assistant, at AoyamaHa@halifax.ca or 902-490-6517 or 902-579-7239