There will be a live broadcast of the Transportation Standing Committee meeting's audio and all PowerPoint presentations made during the meeting. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 25, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 Expanded 2021-22 Student Transit Pass Pilot Program – Supplementary Report [PDF]
(i) 2021-2022 Student Transit Pass Pilot Program [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the phased in Student Transit Pass Pilot Program as described in this report dated February 1, 2021, with Pilot Phase 1 expanded to include all students at each of the four identified schools in grades 9 through 12;
2. Adopt By-law U-108, the purpose of which is to amend By-law U-100, the User Charges By-law, to enable the Student Transit Pass Pilot Program, as set out in Attachment C to the March 9, 2021 report.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Equitable Provision and Maintenance of Traffic Control Devices for Blind and Partially Sighted Persons – Milena Khazanavicius and Bernard Bessette [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Herring Cove Road Functional Plan [PDF] (Large 50 Mb)
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Endorse the Herring Cove Road functional plan and further integrate with the recommendations of the recently approved Rapid Transit Strategy (2020).
2. Initiate efforts to acquire property to widen various sections of Herring Cove Road to accommodate dedicated active transportation and transit infrastructure.
- Presentation [PDF]
12.1.2 Improvements on Devonshire Avenue [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to pursue improvements to Devonshire Avenue as described in the Discussion section of the March 16, 2021 report.
12.1.3 Presentation Regarding Potential Amendments to Traffic Calming Administrative Order
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Pedestrian Infrastructure Highway 101 Exit 2 [PDF]
16. NOTICES OF MOTION – NONE
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – April 22, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated March 12, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com or 902-490-6732