1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 19, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Potential International Partnership with Gdynia, Poland [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Establish a Friendship Partnership Agreement with Gdynia, Poland;
2. Authorize the Chief Administrative Officer to negotiate and prepare a memorandum of understanding with Gdynia, Poland, that includes the anticipated goals and outcomes for the partnership in accordance with the discussion section of this report, for a term of 5 years; and
3. Authorize the Mayor to execute the memorandum of understanding.
12.1.2 Ragged Lake Industrial Park – Background Planning Studies [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee that Halifax Regional Council direct staff to develop terms of reference to guide the background studies needed to inform a future secondary planning process for the proposed Ragged Lake Industrial Park.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.2.1 Councillor Smith – Culture Link: The Link Performing Arts Society Project Proposal [PDF]
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report to consider the capital funding request from the Culture Link Performing Arts Centre of $1.02 million, as outlined in the presentation received by CPED on December 14th, 2017, and have staff engage with the Culture Link group, reporting back with recommendations for the 19-20 budget.
12.3 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 21, 2018 – Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax – 10:00 a.m.
1. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated May 9, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Memorandum from the Director of Parks and Recreation dated April 20, 2018 re: Fall and Winter 2018 Youth Engagement Report [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Liam MacSween, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6521