Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street
Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
There are two opportunities to sign up as a speaker for in-person Public Participation:
Option 1: Register in advance
Zoom is available as an option for pre-registered speakers only.
Contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on November 14, 2023:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org If you’re signing up via email and you don’t receive a response from us within one business day, phone our office at 902.490.4210 to confirm receipt. Please ensure you check your email’s junk/spam folder regularly.
- Phone 902.478.2408 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208 and include a call back phone number or email
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the November 15, 2023 Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting, and give your name and community of residence, and whether you wish to speak in person or speak using Zoom.
Option 2: During the meeting
During the meeting, after all the pre-registered speakers have been called, the Chair will call three times to ask if there is anyone else present who would like to speak. If you are present in the meeting room you can indicate your wish to speak at that time.
PLEASE NOTE: All Standing Committee meetings will be audio and/or video recorded for the purpose of creating a record of the proceedings. If you do not wish to be recorded, do not sign up to speak; you can provide a written submission via email@example.com.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 20, 2023 and November 1, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1 AUDITOR GENERAL – NONE
13.2.1 Investment Activities – Quarter ending June 30, 2023 [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the staff report to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
13.2.2 Second Quarter 2023-24 Financial Report [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward the Second Quarter 2023/24 Financial Report to Regional Council for their information.
13.2.3 Proposed 2024 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee approve the 2024 Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
13.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE - NONE
13.4 MEMBERS OF THE STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Standing Committee may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – September 20, 2023 and November 1, 2023
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of September 20, 2023 and November 1, 2023 be approved as circulated.
Private and Confidential Information Items
1. Private and Confidential In Camera (In Private) Information Report - re: Contractual Matter
16. ADDED ITEMS
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 13, 2023
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Dorothy Maponga, Legislative Assistant, at Dorothy.firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-478-2408
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council