Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGMENT
1.1 ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 15, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Hubbards Streetscape Project Placemaking Plan – Melanie McIvor, Community Chair, Hubbards Streetscape Project [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF] (Large 11 Mb)
- Presentation [PDF] (Large 14 Mb)
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Proposed 2023 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee approve the proposed 2023 Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee meeting schedule as outlined in the staff memorandum.
12.1.2 Councillor Appointments to Boards and Committees
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee appoint one (1) member to the Executive Standing Committee commencing December 1, 2022, for a term to November 2024.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the Bedford West Park Facilities Plan as set out in Attachment B of the November 14, 2022 report as a guiding document for future park improvements in the Community of Bedford West.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 19, 2023
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated November 7, 2022 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from Jacques Dubé, Chief Administrative Officer dated October 28, 2022 re: Halifax Green Network Plan 2021 Progress Report [PDF]