Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 24, 2022 Transportation Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
Updated November 21, 2022 at 3:10 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
1.1 Election of Chair
1.2 Election of Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 27, 2022
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Hubbards Streetscaping Project [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Amendments to By-Law T-1000 – Taxi Broker Fee System [PDF]
- Staff presentation [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to draft amendments to By-law T-1000 and Administrative Order 39 as set out in Attachment A of the staff report dated October 25, 2022.
12.1.2 Standing Committee Appointments to the Boards and Committees [PDF]
That Transportation Standing Committee:
1. Nominate one (1) Councillor from Transportation Standing Committee to serve on the Canadian Urban Transit Association, until the end of the Council term; and
2. Appoint one (1) Councillor from Transportation Standing Committee to serve on Executive Standing Committee, effective December 1, 2022, for a term until the end of the Council term.
12.1.3 Transportation Standing Committee 2023 Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee approved the proposed 2023 Transportation Standing Committee schedule as circulated.
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – TBD