Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: October 12, 2023 Appeals Standing Committee Draft Minutes (PDF)
1. CALL TO ORDER AND LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 7, 2023
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
• Item 12.2.1 – Case 2023-018865: 12 Spruce Drive, Cow Bay
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: APPEALS
12.1.1 Appeal Report – Case 2023 017098, 255 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth and Case 2023 022248, 257 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth [PDF]
In accordance with Section 58 of Administrative Order One, the motion before the Appeals Standing Committee is to allow the appeal.
12.2 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: DEMOLITIONS
12.2.1 Case 2023-018865: 12 Spruce Drive, Cow Bay
That the Appeals Standing Committee find the property to be dangerous or unsightly as per section 3(q) of the Charter and as per section 356 of the Charter, orders demolition of the shed including but not limited to, the removal of all demolition debris, backfilling of any foundation or crawl space, and disconnecting any and all utility connections to the standard set by each respective utility service provider, so as to leave the property in a neat, tidy, environmentally compliant and safe condition within thirty (30) days after the Order is posted in a conspicuous place upon the property or personally served upon the owner. Otherwise, the Municipality will exercise its rights as set forth under Part XV (15) of the Charter.
This item was deleted from the agenda.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 9, 2023
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-240-7164
To submit correspondence, email email@example.com
More information: https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/regional-council/communicating-halifax-regional-council