1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 28, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES - NONE
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
12.1.1 On-Street Parking for Carshare Vehicles [PDF]
The Transportation Standing Committee recommend to Halifax Regional Council direct the CAO to include provision in amendments to By-law P-1000 to:
(1) Create designated parking spaces and associated permits for operators of non-station-based carshare vehicles; and
(2) Include all carshare vehicles as being eligible for residential parking exemptions.
12.1.2 Alderney Ferry Schedule Adjustments [PDF]
The Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council that the additional service that was introduced on the Alderney – Halifax ferry service for The Big Lift project be retained until the end of 2017/18, and that these trips be rescheduled to provide a 15 minute frequency during the weekday midday period instead of during the evening period, as outlined in Attachment A of the September 11, 2017 staff report.
12.1.3 Staff Presentation - Halifax Idle Free Action Initiative
- Information Report - Halifax Idle Free Action Initiative [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee receive a staff presentation regarding the Halifax Idle Free Action Initiative.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE - NONE
12.3 COMMITTEE UPDATES - NONE
13.1 Notice of Motion – Councillor Cleary – Non-accepted Streets
The Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report that 1) estimates the cost of providing the 99 non-accepted streets in HRM with a comparable level of service, maintenance, and replacement as the accepted streets receive; 2) outlines various options for “accepting” these streets; and 3) provides a recommendation on a way to proceed with these non-accepted streets.
13.2 Notice of Motion – Councillor Smith – Low Income Transit Pass Program
The Transportation Standing request a staff report outlining the financial impacts of the Low Income Transit Pass Program and the financial and service impacts of removing the limit for participants.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - None
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 23, 2017
1. Memorandum from Bruce Zvaniga, Director of Public Works and Transportation, dated September 26, 2017 re January to June 2017 Pedestrian Safety Semi-Annual Report [PDF] - REVISED
2. Memorandum from Bruce Zvaniga, Director of Public Works and Transportation, dated July 27, 2017 re Parking on Quinpool Road [PDF]
3. Memorandum from the Legislative Assistant dated October 12, 2017 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]