1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 23, 2019
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations - None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Women’s Advisory (Advocacy) Committee [PDF] (5.4 MB)
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Adopt Administrative Order No. 2019-004-GOV as set out in Attachment 4 of the staff report dated January 15, 2019, to establish a Women’s Advisory Committee to support the creation of a gender inclusive municipality and provide advice to Council on matters relevant to the municipal mandate; and
2. Adopt the amendments to Administrative Order One as set out in Attachment 5 of the staff report dated January 15, 2019, to allow the newly created Women's Advisory Committee to report to the Executive Standing Committee of Council.
12.1.2 Amendments to Administrative Order One – Recorded Votes at Committee of the Whole and Budget Committee Meetings [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council adopt the amendments to Administrative Order One, the Procedures of Council Administrative Order, as set out in Attachment 2 of the staff report dated October 17, 2019, to enable recorded votes at Committee of the Whole and Budget Committee meetings.
12.1.3 2020 Executive Standing Committee Meeting Schedule [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee approve the proposed 2020 meeting schedule as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 15, 2019.
12.2 ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON ACCESSIBILITY IN HRM
12.2.1 Inclusive Building Closure Procedures [PDF]
That the Executive Standing Committee request a staff report to review closure procedures for all municipal public buildings with the view of making closure notification, including emergency procedures, accessible to everyone.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 25, 2019
1. Information Report from the Legislative Assistant dated October 23, 2019 re: Requests for Presentation to Executive Standing Committee [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Judith Ng’ethe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6517