1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 3, 2018
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
9. NOTICE OF TABLED MATTERS
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 HRM Climate Action Report Card - iMatter Halifax [PDF]
10.3.2 Lake Recovery; a Global Issue with Local Impacts - Carl Yates, Halifax Water [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD - NONE
12.1 STAFF - NONE
12.2 BOARDS AND COMMITTEES - NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
12.3.1 Councillor Cleary – Reduction of Garbage Blown Out or Removed From Municipal Waste Receptacles [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee request a staff report with recommendations to reduce the garbage that is blown out or removed by animals from municipal waste receptacles.
12.3.2 Councillor Zurawski - Elimination of Drive Throughs [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee request a staff report looking at drive throughs and the feasibility of their elimination in HRM.
12.3.3 Councillor Zurawski – Surcharge on Throw Away Beverage and Food Containers [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee request a staff report to consider a surcharge for fast food restaurants and coffee shops, or a reduction in the cost of food/beverages for those patrons who bring their own containers.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS – Private and Confidential Report
A matter pertaining to contract negotiations and legal advice.
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee convene to in camera to discuss the matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Natural Disaster Mitigation Program – Flood Risk Assessment Study [PDF]
That the Environment and Sustainability Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Accept the methodology contained in the National Disaster Flood Risk Assessment study as set out in Attachment E of the staff report dated September 10, 2018, as the basis for prioritizing mitigation projects in flood prone areas; and
2. Direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
a. work with Halifax Water to develop a joint flood risk assessments implementation plan for the ten sites outlined in the Discussion section of the staff report dated September 10, 2018, which will include a funding/cost-sharing strategy with options for consideration of Regional Council during the 2019/20 and 2020/21 business plan and budget deliberations; and
b. submit an application to the National Disaster Mitigation Program to carry out follow-up studies for the Sackville Rivers and Shubenacadie Lakes systems.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – November 1, 2018
1. Memorandum from the Municipal Clerk’s Office dated September 25, 2018 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
David Perusse, Legislative Assistant at email@example.com or 902-490-6732.