In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 15, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS
8.1 Herring Cove Road Functional Plan [PDF] – March 25, 2021
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer to:
1. Endorse the Herring Cove Road functional plan and further integrate with the recommendations of the recently approved Rapid Transit Strategy (2020).
2. Initiate efforts to acquire property to widen various sections of Herring Cove Road to accommodate dedicated active transportation and transit infrastructure.
Staff Presentation [PDF]
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 - Safety Issues Relating to Signalized Intersection Crosswalks [PDF] – Martyn Williams and Milena Khazanavicius
10.3.2 - Bayers Road Widening, Closure of George Dauphinee Avenue and Westmount Subdivision [PDF]- Eric Thomson and Ted Vaughan
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1.1 Halifax Transit 2020/21 Q3 KPI Report [PDF]
Staff Presentation [PDF]
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13.1 Councillor Mason - Establishing Protected Turn Movements for Pedestrian Safety [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report, to be completed prior to the start of 2022/23 budget discussion, that outlines options for a program for establishing protected left-turn movements and protected right-turn movements at signal controlled intersections. The program should prioritize high traffic and pedestrian volume intersections and high conflict intersections.
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
15.1 Councillor Kent - Proposed Amendments to HRM Bylaw T1000 [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report to amend HRM Bylaw T1000 to ensure fairness in the process to become either a Taxi Driver or a Transportation Network Company (TNC) Driver.
16. NOTICES OF MOTION – NONE
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – May 27, 2021 at 1:00 p.m.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated April 23, 2021 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact Andrea Lovasi-Wood, Legislative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-490-6732