Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax.
Minutes: December 14, 2017 Minutes (PDF)
Video: December 14, 2017 CPED Video
1. CALL TO ORDER
• Election of Chair and Vice-Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – November 16, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3.1 Marc Almon, Managing Director, Culture Link re: The Link Performing Arts Society Project Proposal [PDF]
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 STAFF – NONE
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee request a staff report outlining options for potential changes to By-Law N-200 Respecting Noise to better align prohibited times for construction related noise with reasonable standards when
adjacent to residential areas.
That the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee:
1. Request a staff report regarding options and opportunities for a long term streetscaping program for the Regional Centre that updates the rationale and priorities for projects, and establishes stable long term funding; and
2. That staff review the letter received by the urban core Business Improvement Districts.
12.3 HERITAGE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
The Heritage Advisory Committee recommends that the Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee request a review to improve time frames for any future Heritage Conservation Districts after the completion of Schmidtville Heritage Conservation District.
12.4 COMMUNITY DESIGN ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
14.1 Approval of In Camera Minutes – November 16, 2017
That the Community Planning & Economic Development Standing Committee approve the In Camera (In Private) minutes of November 16, 2017 as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – January 18, 2018 – Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax