Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Council Chamber, 3rd Floor City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
Minutes: November 18, 2021 Appeals Standing Committee Minutes (PDF)
A live broadcast of this meeting is not available.
Learn about public health requirements for attending in-person meetings
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – October 14, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: APPEALS
12.1.1 Case 360876 Property located at 32 Quartz Drive, Halifax [PDF]
In accordance with Administrative Order One, the following motion must be placed on the floor:
That the Appeals Standing Committee allow the appeal.
12.2 DANGEROUS OR UNSIGHTLY PREMISES: DEMOLITIONS
12.2.1 Case 360357 Property located at 67 Community Center Lane, Windsor Junction [PDF]
That the Appeals Standing Committee find the property to be dangerous or unsightly as per section 3(q) of the Charter and as per section 356 of the Charter, orders demolition of the dwelling including but not limited to, the removal of all demolition debris, backfilling of any foundation or crawl space, and disconnecting any and all utility connections to the standard set by each respective utility service provider, so as to leave the property in a neat, tidy, environmentally compliant and safe condition within thirty (30) days after the Order is posted in a conspicuous place upon the property or personally served upon the owner. Otherwise, the Municipality will exercise its rights as set forth under Part XV (15) of the Charter.
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 8, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE