1. CALL TO ORDER
1.1 Election of Chair and Vice Chair
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 17, 2020
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD
11.1 Councillor Cleary – Establishing a Crosswalk Location on the Williams Porter Connector Road [PDF]
12.1.1 2020/21 First Quarter Halifax Transit Key Performance Indicator Report [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
12.1.2 Review of Report Requests [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee review the attached list of report requests, as outlined in Attachment 1 of the staff report dated October 26, 2020, and bring forward any items recommended to be withdrawn.
12.1.3 Child Transit Fares and Housekeeping Amendments – Fees By-law [PDF] (Large 8 Mb)
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Adopt By-law U-107, the purpose of which is to amend Schedule 1 of By-law U-100, the User Charges By-law, establishing a permanent fare change for children twelve years of age and under, and adopting several housekeeping changes, as set out in Attachment E of this Report.
2. Direct staff to prepare a staff report considering the potential for discounting bulk purchases of single transit fares (ie tickets) for both non-profit agencies, and promotional events.
12.1.4 Councillor Appointments to Boards and Committees [PDF]
That the Transportation Standing Committee recommend:
1. Nominate one (1) member to the Executive Standing Committee for a term to November 2022.
2. Nominate one (1) member to the Active Transportation Advisory Committee for a term to November 2022.
3. Nominate one (1) member to the Canadian Urban Transit Association for a term to November 2022.
4. Nominate the Chair or Designate from the Transportation Standing Committee membership to the Community Design Advisory Committee for a term to November 30, 2022.
12.2 ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION ADVISORY COMMITTEE – NONE
12.3 MEMBERS OF THE TRANSPORTATION STANDING COMMITTEE – NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
13.1 Councillor Cleary – Criteria for New Marked Crosswalks
That the Transportation Standing Committee request a staff report to review and establish criteria for new marked crosswalks that shall account for:
• not just existing crossings but also projected crossing demand;
• that takes into account land uses, present and future demand;
• pedestrian compliance, speed, safety, and crash history;
• recognizes that the practice of discouraging pedestrian crossings by leaving uncontrolled crossings unmarked is not a valid safety measure; and
• prioritizes proximity to schools, school walking routes, parks, trails, and other active transportation facilities as critical pedestrian destinations.”
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 PERSONNEL MATTER – Private and Confidential Report
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at https://www.halifax.ca/city-hall/boards-committees-commissions/volunteer-boards-committees/public-appointment-policy
That the Transportation Standing Committee convene to In Camera to discuss a personnel matter.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION – NONE
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – December 10, 2020 at 1:00 p.m. if required.
1. Information report from the Legislative Assistant dated November 17, 2020 re: Presentation Requests [PDF]
2. Information report from Caroline Blair-Smith, Director, Human Resources and Jacques Dubé, Chief Administrative Officer, dated October 1, 2020 re: Update on Implementation of Flexible Work Arrangements [PDF]
3. Information report from Dave Reage, MCIP, LPP, Director, Halifax Transit and Jacques Dubé, Chief Administrative Officer, dated October 9, 2020 re: Options for Paid Access to Halifax Transit Park & Rides [PDF]
4. Information report from Dave Reage, MCIP, LPP, Director, Halifax Transit and Jacques Dubé, Chief Administrative Officer, dated September 25, 2020 re: Halifax Transit Fare Strategy 2019 - Seniors Income Level Study [PDF]