Armco Capital Inc. is applying to amend an existing development agreement to permit 73 townhouse style units within 15 buildings on PIDs 41292137, 41291758, 41290925, and 41290917 in Middle Sackville.
The applicant wishes to make an amendment to the existing development agreement (DA) to permit the construction of 73 townhouse style units within 15 buildings on the subject sites (PIDs 41292137, 41291758, 41290925, and 41290917). These properties are currently included in the existing development agreement, which allowed for the subdivision and construction of the Sunset Ridge neighbourhood (Case Number 01027) but are not identified in the existing DA for development.
The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• 73 townhouse units between 5 buildings which meet the built form requirements of the R-5 (Townhouse) Zone in the Sackville Land Use By-law;
• The townhouses are accessed via five separate ‘shared access’ driveways between the four PIDs;
• Each townhouse has its own personal driveway off of the shared access driveway;
• The buildings have setbacks from adjacent properties ranging from 5 metres to 6.1 metres;
• The townhouses would be sold as condominium units.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposed building locations, parking locations, and driveway access.
The application will be considered under the process for substantial alterations to a Development Agreement.
This process includes a Public Information Meeting and ultimately, toward the conclusion of the process, a Public Hearing where the North West Community Council will hear from the public and consider the application.
A Public Information Meeting was held on July 18, 2023 at the Sackville Heights Community Center at 445 Connolly Road, Middle Sackville. Staff are continue to process the Planning application. Any major updates and notifications will be posted to this website.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office at Duke Tower in Halifax.
- A - Letter of Intent (PDF)
- B - Existing Conditions (PDF)
- C - Concept Plan (PDF)
- D - Policy Review (PDF)
- E - Servicing Schematic (PDF)
- F - Traffic Impact Statement (PDF)
For further information, please contact: