Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Virtual Meeting
There will be a live broadcast of the Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting on YouTube. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – July 21, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None.
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL - NONE
12.2.1 Increase to Project No. CB000042 – Woodside Ferry Terminal Upgrades [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
That the Audit & Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve a transfer of $200,000 (net HST included) from the Project No. CB000039 Halifax Ferry Terminal; and
2. Approve an increase in multi-year funding for Project No. CB000042 Woodside Ferry Terminal Upgrades by $200,000 (net HST included), in fiscal year 2021/22; and
3. Approve an increase of $60,000 (net HST included) to PO 2070847216, for CN Rail Permit Fees and Flagging Services from Project No. CB000042 – Woodside Ferry Terminal Upgrades, as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 15, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE