Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 20, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 902-943-8741 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the July 21, 2021 Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number.
There will be a live broadcast of the Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting on YouTube. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 16, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None.
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL - NONE
12.2.1 Investment Activities – Quarter ending March 31, 2021
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee forward this report to Halifax Regional Council as an information item.
12.2.2 Dartmouth Common Splash Pad Budget Increase & Tender Award
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Regional Council:
1. Approve an unbudgeted withdrawal in the amount of $200,000 (net HST included), from the Capital Fund Reserve, Q526;
2. Increase 2021/22 Capital Project Number CP210008 – Splash Pads, by $200,000 (net HST included);
3. Increase 2021/22 Capital Project Number CP210008 – Splash Pads by $110,000 (net HST Included), with no change to the net budget; funding from the Dorothy and Dan Gibson Foundation (c/o Friends of Dartmouth Splash Pad & Park); and,
4. Award Request for Proposal No. 21-099, Design-Build Dartmouth Common Splash Pad to the highest scoring proponent, Lindsay Construction, at a cost of $815,436 (net HST included) with funding from Project Account No. CP210008 – Splash Pads, CCV02405,CCV02505 - District 5 Discretionary Funds, and CCV02406/CCV02506 – District 6 Discretionary Funds, as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.2.3 Funding Options for Merchant Validation Program
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council approve an increase to the Merchant Validation Program for a period of 3 months for a total 2021/22 operating budget of up to $200,000, as detailed in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.2.4 Budget Changes – Road Safety Improvement – Traffic Calming Program
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve a budget transfer of $215,000 from capital account CT180003 – Traffic Signal Re-lamping to capital account CT190006 – Road Safety Improvement; and
2. Approve a budget transfer of $385,000 from capital account CR200005 – Road Ops & Construction – State of Good Repair to capital account CT190006 – Road Safety Improvement.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – August 18, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-943-8741