Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, June 15, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Phone 902-943-8741 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the June 16, 2021 Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number.
There will be a live broadcast of the Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting on YouTube. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – May 19, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – NONE
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Follow-up Review – 2019 Audits [PDF]
- Presentation [PDF]
12.2.1 Neptune Theatre Funding Request [PDF]
It is recommended that the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council authorize the Chief Administrative Officer to execute a contribution agreement with Neptune Theatre for a contribution of up to $100,000, subject to Neptune Theatre providing certain informational requirements as set forth in this report.
12.2.2 Budget Changes – Composting Facilities Recapitalization [PDF]
It is recommended that the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve a budget increase to the 2021/22 approved gross capital budget, to increase Project Account No. CW190005 Burnside Composting Facility Repairs in the amount of $539,000; and
2. Approve an unbudgeted reserve withdrawal of $539,000 from Q556, Solid Waste Facilities Reserve to fund this increase, as outlined in the Financial Implications section of this report.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) – NONE
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – July 21, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-943-8741