Would you like to speak during Public Participation?
If you’d like to speak during Public Participation, contact the Municipal Clerk's Office no later than 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18, 2021 to be added to the speakers' list to speak by telephone. This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in person is not possible.
To register as a speaker:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 902-943-8741 (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-4:30 pm)
- Fax 902.490.4208
In your message, state that you wish to speak during Public Participation at the May 19, 2021 Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting, and give your name, community of residence, email address, and phone number.
There will be a live broadcast of the Audit and Finance Standing Committee meeting on YouTube. In accordance with the July 29, 2020 direction of the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing under section 14 of the Emergency Management Act, this meeting is being held virtually. Draft minutes of this meeting will be made available on halifax.ca.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – April 29, 2021
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
10.3 Presentations – None
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.1 AUDITOR GENERAL
12.1.1 Annual Audit Priorities Report – Evangeline Colman-Sadd, Auditor General
12.2.1 HRM Supports for Open Streets Initiatives – Elizabeth Taylor
That the Audit and Finance Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council direct the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to continue to consider the Open Streets events under the terms of Administrative Order Number 2014-010-ADM, Respecting Special Events Task Force Process for Events, Parades & Street Closures, and Administrative Order Number 2014-021-GOV, Respecting Regional Special Events Grants.
12.3 GRANTS COMMITTEE – NONE
12.4 COMMITTEE MEMBERS - NONE
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
The Audit and Finance may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 Approval of the In Camera (In Private) Minutes – April 29, 2021
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of April 29, 2021 be approved as circulated.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – June 16, 2021
INFORMATION ITEMS – NONE
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Annie Sherry, Legislative Assistant, at email@example.com or 902-943-8741