Welcome to the oldest fire department in Canada. Since 1754, Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency (HRFE) has been dedicated to enhancing and preserving the quality of life and property. HRFE serves and protects 419,000 residents in a 5,577 km2 area. That is roughly the size of Prince Edward Island!
Career and volunteer fire crews at 51 fire stations throughout the Halifax Region provide a full range of emergency services including:
- fire prevention (fire inspections and code enforcement, fire investigations and public fire safety education)
- fire suppression and rescue
- technical rescue (auto extrication, machinery, ice water, high-angle rope, trench, and confined space rescue, collapse rescue)
- hazardous materials response including chemical, biological, radioactive, nuclear, and explosive
- pre-hospital emergency medical services
- emergency management
Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency merchandise
HRFE merchandise is available for purchase. Visit headquarters to view a selection of t-shirts, sweaters, hats and mugs.
Union Fire Club Pipes and Drums
The Union Fire Club Pipes and Drums primary function is to provide musical support to the members and families of Halifax Regional Fire & Emergency. The band is a non-profit society that draws its name from the oldest fire department in Canada, The Union Fire Club, which was established in Halifax in 1754.
To inquire about upcoming events for the Union Fire Club Pipes and Drums contact Mike Sears.