Mental health crisis support
Call 902.429.8167 or 1.888.429.8167 (toll free) any time if you feel like you need help. Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team helps children, youth, and adults manage a mental health crisis, such as:
- thoughts of suicide
- distorted or psychotic thinking
- intense anxiety
- overwhelming depression
- feeling unable to cope and out of control
Crisis support is given over the phone or in person—they will come to you in the Halifax area.
When you call, the crisis team will:
- provide immediate crisis support and triage over the phone and visit you in person in the Halifax area, if necessary
- assess your situation, current supports, and resources
- help you access follow-up services
- consult with your existing supports and services
- provide short-term crisis management
Who works with the Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team?
The crisis team includes mental health professionals and police officers. The Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team is a partnership of the Nova Scotia Health Authority, the Halifax Regional Police, and the IWK Health Centre.
Who can contact the Mental Health Mobile Crisis Team?
Crisis support is available to anyone who is experiencing a mental health crisis. This includes:
- an individual self-referring
- community support/service providers
- health care providers