What to do if your vehicle is seized

If your vehicle was seized by Halifax Regional Police, send an email to hrpsot@halifax.ca to have your vehicle released. Be sure to include your contact number. 

For the vehicle to be released, the registered owner must be able to show proof of the following documents:

  1. Driver’s license (or government issued ID)
  2. Vehicle permit (registration)
  3. Proof of insurance for the vehicle

Without valid insurance or a valid driver's license, your vehicle will be released to you to be towed only.