How to join Burnside Watch
First things first, you must:
- be 19 years or older
- have a valid Nova Scotia driver’s licence and a good driving record
- commit to Burnside Watch for at least a year
- be available to volunteer for a minimum of 120 hours per year
- pass the Halifax Regional Police security clearances
What does Burnside Watch do?
Burnside Watch volunteers conduct random patrols and report suspicious activity to Halifax Regional Police. They relay information about break and enters, alarms, suspicious persons or vehicles, fires, accidents, and drivers who appear to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
What would I do with Burnside Watch?
- Observe activity and take notes
- Report suspicious activity to Halifax Regional Police
- Complete a minimum 4-hour shift/week
- Attend group meetings/training sessions
- Assist in emergency situations when requested by police, fire or EHS
Ready to apply?
Call or email Delthia Miller, Volunteer Coordinator, at 902.490.6976 or email@example.com