Councillor Russell Walker has been a resident of District 10 for 48 years. He was first elected to Halifax City Council in a by-election in January, 1994. He was subsequently elected to Halifax Regional Municipality Council in December, 1995. He was re-elected in October 2012 to represent District 10, Halifax - Bedford Basin West.
In June 1998 he retired after teaching for 30 years at Clayton Park Junior High School. Councillor Walker and his wife Cheryl have two children.
Councillor Walker is a member of the following Boards and Committees:
- Appeals Standing Committee
- Audit and Finance Standing Committee
- Executive Standing Committee
- Grants Committee
- Investment Policy Advisory Committee
- Trade Centre Ltd.
- Property Valuation Services Corporation (PVSC)
- Halifax Water
- Halifax Chain of Lakes Trail Association
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM)