Patty Cuttell has a Master’s degree in Urban and Rural Planning from the Technical University of Nova Scotia and brings over 20 years of experience working with communities throughout the Atlantic Provinces.
Most recently Patty was the Executive Director of the North End Business Association where she represented over 350 local business and led initiatives on placemaking, diversity and inclusion, and economic development. Previously with Burst Transformational Solutions, which she co-founded, she developed strategic plans and change management solutions for several public and not-for-profit organizations including Halifax Regional Police, Public Health-Capital Health, Nova Scotia Barristers Society and the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Patty spent several years working at Dalhousie University as a research associate, and then an Adjunct Professor. The First Nations Model Community Plan Project she helped launch at Dalhousie received the prestigious Dubai International Best Practices Award to Improve the Living Environment, and planning awards from the Canadian Institute of Planners and the International Environmental Design Research Association.
Patty is a seasoned public speaker on a variety of community development issues, presenting as a keynote and panelist at regional, national and international events and conferences.
Councillor Cuttell is a member of the following Boards and Committees:
• Halifax Regional Council
• Active Transportation Standing Committee
• Transportation Standing Committee
• Executive Standing Committee
• Community Monitoring Committee
• Community Liaison Committee (Ragged Lake)
• Community Planning and Economic Development Standing Committee, Chair
• Discover Halifax Board of Directors
• Halifax Water Board of Commissioners
• Halifax and West Community Council, Vice-Chair
•Western Common Advisory Committee