Investigators with the HRP/RCMP Integrated Vice Unit have laid additional underage prostitution charges against a woman.
In early January, Vice investigators commenced an investigation regarding a woman who procured an underage girl for the purpose of prostitution. The investigation led officers to execute two search warrants on February 21, which led to 13 prostitution-related charges being laid against 36-year-old Florence Muriel Young.
Investigators have since located two additional victims and earlier today, they laid an additional 18 charges against Florence Young:
- Procuring for prostitution a person under the age of 18 x2
- Knowingly concealing a person under the age of 18 in a bawdy house
- Exercising control over a person under the age of 18 x2
- Living off the avails of prostitution of a person under the age of 18 x2
- Counseling a person under the age of 18 to engage in prostitution x2
- Householder permitting sexual activity x2
- Invitation to sexual touching
- Sexual exploitation of a young person x2
- Breach of recognizance x2
- Breach or probation x2
Investigators believe that there may be more victims and urge anyone with information about this case or underage prostitution to contact police at 490-5016. Anonymous tips can be sent to Crime Stoppers by calling toll-free 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), submitting a secure web tip at www.crimestoppers.ns.ca or texting a tip - Tip 202 + your message to 274637.