Tuesday, Feb. 10, 2015 (Halifax, NS) – The Halifax Regional Municipality wants to thank residents for their continued cooperation in finding off-street parking while overnight snow removal operations continue this week on streets across the Halifax region.
Crews have been addressing problem areas by removing snow from cul-de-sacs, pushing back and removing snow banks and widening intersections and turning lanes. Crews are also hauling snow away from blocked bus stops.
Last night alone crews removed approximately 350 dump truck loads of snow from clogged streets in downtown Halifax and Dartmouth, as well as on Sackville Drive. That work will continue tonight on the following streets:
- Brenton Street
- Dresden Row
- Birmingham Street
- Sackville Street
- Grafton Street
- Market Street
- Summer Street between University Avenue and Sackville Street
- Barrington Street between Spring Garden Road and Morris Street
- Gottingen Street between Uniacke Street and Rainnie Drive
- Quinpool Road between Robie Street and Connaught Avenue
- Sackville Drive between Riverside Drive and Cobequid Road
- Dundas Street between Queen and Green streets
- Alderney Drive
- Victoria Road between Queen and Portland streets
- Intersection of Pleasant Street, Portland Street and Alderney Drive
- Wyse Road between Nantucket Avenue and Thistle Street
Crews will begin hauling snow at 9 p.m. and continue until 6 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 11. Residents are reminded that as per Section 139 of the Motor Vehicle Act, they should remove their vehicles from the streets while snow clearing operations are underway so crews have full access. Vehicles in violation may be ticketed or towed, at any time of the day or night.
For more information on municipal snow clearing operations and service standards, please visit www.halifax.ca/snow.