Police have charged a Halifax man with 21 weapons related offences and drug trafficking after a search in Halifax yesterday.
At approximately 3 p.m. investigators in the Drug Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division with the assistance of the Emergency Response Team conducted a search of a residence on Bently Drive in Halifax. A man who was inside the residence was arrested without incident. Investigators seized a small quantity of assorted drugs including cocaine, cash, ammunition, as well as a handgun, a shotgun and a rifle.
Timothy Patrick Farewell, 23 is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession of a loaded restricted firearm cc (86(1))
- Careless use of a firearm cc (86(2)) x3
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose cc (88(1)) x3
- Possession of a firearm without a license cc (91(1)) x3
- Possession of a firearm knowing its unauthorized cc (92(1)) x3
- Possession of a prohibited or restricted weapon cc (95) x3
- Possession of a weapon obtained by a criminal offence cc (96) x3
- Possession of a firearm knowing its serial number has been defaced cc (108(1) b)
- Possession of cocaine for the purpose of trafficking Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (5(2))