Police have charged a man in relation to a firearms investigation in Dartmouth yesterday.
On August 7 at approximately 8:15 p.m. officers arrested a man after a brief foot pursuit in the area of Demetreous Lane in relation to an ongoing investigation and seized a loaded firearm.
Jayree Vontaze Downey, 21, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Possession weapon dangerous to the public
- Unsafe handling of a firearm
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm without license
- Possession restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possession of a firearm contrary to court order (x 2)
- Obstructing a peace officer
- Fail to comply with a court order (x 2)