Police have charged two men and a woman in relation to a robbery that occurred in Halifax yesterday.
At approximately 4:40 a.m. police responded to a robbery at the Comfort Inn at 560 Bedford Highway in Halifax. A group of people approached two men who were known to them and demanded their belongings. A man in the group had what was believed to be a firearm. The victims fled the area, leaving their belongings behind.
Officers arrested three men and three women at the scene and seized a firearm.
Investigators in the General Investigation Section of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division have charged three people with robbery and weapons offences in relation to the incident. The other three people were released without charges.
Alicia Michelle McInnis, 22, is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face two counts of robbery and one count of breach of probation.
Joshua Joseph German, 24, and Tyshon Tolliver, 22, are scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face charges of:
- Robbery (x2)
- Unsafe storage of a firearm
- Dealing with a firearm contrary to regulations
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Uttering threats to cause bodily harm or death
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime
- Pointing a firearm
- Possession of a loaded prohibited firearm
German is also facing one count of carrying a concealed weapon.