Police have laid charges in a shooting that occurred in Dartmouth earlier this week.
On May 9 at approximately 3:45 p.m. police responded to a report of a shooting that occurred at an apartment building on Primrose Street in Dartmouth. A 34-year-old woman was taken to hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Yesterday at approximately 1:15 p.m. officers stopped a vehicle in Dartmouth and arrested the suspect.
Gregory Kaelin Everest, 21, is scheduled to appear in Dartmouth provincial court today to face charges of:
- Attempted murder
- Discharging a firearm endangering life
- Careless use of a firearm
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a prohibited firearm
- Possession of a firearm without a license
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the public peace
- Storing a firearm contrary to the regulations
- Possession of a firearm obtained by crime