Wednesday, June 11, 2014 (Halifax, NS) – The Emera Oval and some streets near the north end of the Halifax Common will be closed this weekend for the annual Hockey Night in Canada Play On! Halifax street hockey tournament.
The following closures will go into effect at the specified times on Friday, June 13:
• Cogswell Street, inbound lane, will close at 3 p.m.
• Cogswell Street, outbound lane, will close at 6 p.m.
• Trollope Street will close at 6:30 p.m.
Traffic cones will be placed in the following locations at the specified times to let motorists know the lane is closed due to the street closures:
• Left turning lane on Quinpool Road at the intersection of Robie Street will close at 3 p.m.
• Left turning lane on Rainnie Drive will close at 6:30 p.m.
• Right turning lane on North Park Street at the intersection with Cogswell will close at 6:30 p.m.
All of the streets will reopen at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 15.
Residents are advised that there is no parking on the closed streets or on the North and Central Common during the event. Regular parking and posted restrictions will resume when the streets reopen Sunday night.
There will be no public skating on the Emera Oval on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, as it will be used for the tournament. Regular access resumes on Monday, June 16. For more information on the Emera Oval and a full schedule of public events, please visit at www.halifax.ca/skatehrm.
Sport fields in the North Common area are open for regularly scheduled league play throughout the weekend.
For more information on the Play On! tournament go online at http://www.playon.ca/events/halifax.