A man faces weapons charges after a traffic stop last night in Halifax.
At 7 p.m., officers assigned to the Quick Response Unit and the HRP/RCMP Integrated Guns and Gangs Unit conducted a traffic stop in the 7000 block of Mumford Road. A man was arrested and a search of the vehicle resulted in two long-barrelled firearms being seized. Further investigation determined the gun had been stolen in 2010 from Windsor, Nova Scotia.
Twenty-two-year-old Douglas Andrew Upshaw of Windsor, Nova Scotia is scheduled to appear in Halifax Provincial Court today to face the following charges:
- Section 92 CC - Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (2 counts)
- Section 94.1 CC - Unauthorized Possession in a Motor Vehicle (2 counts)
- Section 88 CC - Possession of a Weapon for Dangerous Purpose (2 counts)
- Section 96.1 CC - Possession of a Weapon Obtained by Commission of an Offense (2 counts)
- Section 355(b) CC - Possession of Stolen Property (2 counts)